On behalf of the faculty and administrative staff of the Department of Architecture, I would like to welcome you to the site of our department, established within the Faculty of Engineering in 2016.
The Department of Architecture aims to enhance the role of the architect after completing his studies to be able to produce innovative and practical designs and provide executive drawings and architectural plans in addition to the use of modern engineering applications in green architecture, sustainable construction, environmental control and renewable energy.
Our mission is to provide our graduates with the ideal professional practice ability to prepare a generation of architects capable of constructive thinking to address the problems and obstacles facing architecture. This will be by qualifying creative architects who can be excellent in the fields of practicing architecture and continuing to raise the level of study plans according to the need of the local community and global technological development.
The study plan of the B.Sc. in architecture is composed of 169 credit hours to grant a bachelor's degree that includes all the fields of knowledge accredited to the major of architecture and after reviewing many of the study plans adopted by many recognized universities.
Wishing our students success in the Arab University of Amman
Dr. Nabeel Al-Kurdi
Acting Head of the Department
Entrepreneurship and Distinction in architecture engineering, scientific research and community service.
Seeking to graduate creative and competitive architecture engineers able to achieve comprehensive sustainability.
- To graduate qualified and well-trained architecture engineers able to meet the local and regional technological demands.
- To renew and develop architectural arts, construction and urban designs.
- Developing students' competencies in discussion skills, and critical and creative thinking.
- Encouraging qualified students to produce artistic and creative designs that meet the current challenges.
- Embracing the architecture heritage and taking into account the educational, societal, and environmental factors.
- Keeping abreast with the creative and developed technologies in designing process.
- Giving priority to green building and sustainable construction.
- Activation of the scientific research among faculty and students.
- Establishing communication links with relevant parties in the fields of architecture engineering.