It gives me great pleasure to welcome all the students at the Department of Architecture, the promising department that has been recently founded at Amman Arab University.
Architecture has been the domain of science and arts, and a name that comprises imagination and creativity. Architecture preserves human construction and speaks for the scientific progress and the cultural heritage of societies throughout the ages.
Architecture as a field of study stands together with other fields specialized in designing and construction, and it has a social and moral obligations. These obligations are closely connected to the educational and creative function of architecture, taking into account the serious effect of Architecture on the life of mankind and environment. Considering the consequences of irresponsible planning and construction, we at Amman Arab University are inclined to take a positive part in the innovation and evolvement of Architecture and city planning and to reflect such a vision in our academic programs and curriculum and to live up to the future challenges in teaching, research work and social activities; and we are determined to eliminate foreseeable consequences.
I may mention that inclusion of topics such as green environment, sustainable construction, environmental control, sustainable energy, technological development, in our study plans and updated automated designs have won special attention and appreciation of concerned parties.
We, at the Department of Architecture, are determined to invest all efforts and expertise to foster students who are able to think critically, criticize logically, and analyze reasonably, and at the same time to encourage students to play an active part in the learning process. Our overall goal is to foster students capable of produce artistic, creative, functional, and scientific designs, taking into account the cultural and architecture heritage of our nation.
I wish all our students success.
Prof. Khaled Al Tarawneh
Entrepreneurship and Distinction in architecture engineering, scientific research and community service.
Seeking to graduate creative and competitive architecture engineers able to achieve comprehensive sustainability.
- To graduate qualified and well-trained architecture engineers able to meet the local and regional technological demands.
- To renew and develop architectural arts, construction and urban designs.
- Developing students' competencies in discussion skills, and critical and creative thinking.
- Encouraging qualified students to produce artistic and creative designs that meet the current challenges.
- Embracing the architecture heritage and taking into account the educational, societal, and environmental factors.
- Keeping abreast with the creative and developed technologies in designing process.
- Giving priority to green building and sustainable construction.
- Activation of the scientific research among faculty and students.
- Establishing communication links with relevant parties in the fields of architecture engineering.