In accordance with the university's vison and mission, in keeping up-to date with the new developments for the ultimate purpose of distinction at the local, Arab and international levels, and with the aim of developing work-mechanisms of the deanship of graduate studies and academic research for quality assurance of scientific research and theses, the deanship is mainly concerned about:
- Keeping up with research policies in accordance with the latest development to meet the international standards in implementing theses.
- Developing optimal ways of cooperation and coordination between the deanship of graduate studies and academic research and university faculties to improve students' research skills.
- Updating and developing postgraduate regulations constantly in accordance with the latest developments taking place in our world and with the university’s vision of the university.
- Updating and developing the current programs and plans of graduate studies, based on the university vision and in conjunction with the deanship of graduate studies and other university faculties.
- Working actively on the quality assurance of PhD and Master's theses through meeting the methodological and scientific standards set by the university and employing procedures for rectification of thesis in conjunction with all university faculties.
- Confirming quality assurance reports for PhD and Master's theses depending on scientific grounds and accredited standards in conjunction with university faculties.
- Implementing administrative and technical procedures relevant to all postgraduate students beginning from admission to the university to graduation based on the regulations of the deanship of graduate studies and in coordination with the university